About the Course
This 2 day course provides a thorough exploration of the Independent Advocacy role introduced within the Care Act 2014.
Perfect for advocates who will be working in this role and for people who want to learn more about this statutory provision.
Two day course looking at how to effectively provide Independent Advocacy under the Care Act.
During the two days, you will explore:
- Who is entitled to receive support from an advocate
- Advocacy role within assessment, planning and review processes
- Supported decision making
- Overlap with IMCA and other forms of advocacy
- Advocacy role and best practice within safeguarding processes
- Best practice when challenging decisions and raising concerns
International Hall, Lansdowne Terrace, London